So it’s the beginning of 2015, WOW in 5 years it will be 2020 it felt like only yesterday we were watching Beyond 2000, for the younger generation this was a TV show presenting new innovations that we can expect to see beyond the year 2000, I personally thought we would have robots cleaning our houses by this stage but unfortunately not.
The 1st of January marks the onset of New Year Resolutions, for me this is an idea that gets me pumped to improve myself or my way of life and usually lasts between 10 hours to perhaps 6 weeks (if it doesn’t include me giving up chocolate for any given amount of time) so with this in mind I wanted to know how we can stick to these wishes for ourselves without giving up on them in a short amount of time and apparently the secret is to make short term and long term goals the short term goals will encourage you to push forward to the long term goals. Here are 6 resolutions that don’t take all bloody year to achieve.:
- Run 5k
- Fix your sleep schedule
- Learn photo shop
- Learn to play guitar
- Learn to relax for 30min (at least) each day
- Tidy that one draw that you have been meaning to do for the last 5 years.
Below are 22 hilarious resolutions from past years, I wonder how many of these achieved success?
1. I will think of a password other than “password” or “hello”.
2. I will not tell the same story at every get together.
3. I will stop considering other people’s feelings when they so obviously don’t consider mine – if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I’ll tell him he stinks!
4. I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses.
5. I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.
6. I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible and conserve more water.
7. Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at a custody hearing.
8. I will try to figure out why I *really* need nine e-mail addresses.
9. I resolve to work with neglected children — my own.
10. I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person.
11. I will read the manual… just as soon as I can find it.
12. I will not hang around girls – they think you love them and that sucks.
13. I will not ring the stewardess button on airplanes just to get her phone number.
14. I will answer my snail mail with the same enthusiasm with which I answer my e-mail.
15. I will always wear clean underwear, “just in case”.
16. Drink more. Wasn’t it Benjamin Franklin who said, beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.So be happy.
17. Work less. Take it easy. All work and no play can make you a dull boy or girl.
18. I will drive more carefully, people are starting to notice the dozens of dents in my car.
19. I will treat my girlfriend better, I won’t make her carry all the groceries the next time we go to the market.
20. I will stop saying,” Ooh, that feels nice” whenever the security guys frisk me at airports.
21. Learn what the hell “resolution” means.
22. I promise to stick to these resolutions for more than a week (even though I never do).